Fri., May 28 - Tues., June 1
A magical place to be together!
Barefoot Republic Camp & Retreat Center (Fountain Run, Kentucky)
For over fifty years, the children of Palmer Home and Independent Presbyterian Church have gone to camp together, enjoying a week of fun and friendship. This year Camp Palmer will be held on the beautiful campus of Barefoot Republic Camp located on the Barren River Lake in Fountain Run, Kentucky.
Days are filled with traditional camp activities like hiking, archery, ropes, disc golf, wiffle ball, swimming, recreation lake with aqua mat & slide, canoeing, fishing, arts & crafts, and games. Evening time is for skits, Bible study, worship, and small group before settling down for the night in rustic cabins and being lulled to sleep by the songs of cicadas and crickets.
Age Requirements & Registration
Camp is open to IPC families whose students have completed first grade up to twelfth grade. Space is especially limited this year and on a first come basis, so campers need to submit online registration forms with payment as soon as possible. Eat lunch before you arrive at IPC for departure on Friday, May 28.
Questions? Contact Lisa Turner at lturner [at] ipcmemphis [dot] org, or call 901-685-8206. Registration opens Wednesday, March 24, at 9 a.m. CST.
Departure: Noon Friday, May 28
Early Return: Late afternoon | Monday, May 31*
*This option is only for students who must return to school June 1.
Return: Late afternoon | Tuesday, June 1
Sign Up Here
Camper Registration is closed.
Cost is $300 per camper.
Cost is $150 per volunteer and covers food & lodging.
Required Waivers (Deadline for Submission: May 1)
After submitting your online registration forms, you will need to download, print off, fill out, and sign the forms lniked below. Please email your completed form(s) to Beth Clark at bclark [at] ipcmemphis [dot] org no later than May 1.
Recommended Items to pack:
- 4-5 t-shirts
- 5 pairs of shorts
- 1 pair of long pants or jeans
- 5 pairs of underwear
- Jacket or sweatshirt
- 5 pairs of socks
- 1 pair of comfortable tennis shoes
- 1 pair of flip flops
- 1 pair of water/river shoes
- 1 outfit that can get messy
- 1 outfit for the square dance
- Swimming suit (1 piece, trunks, or shorts & shirt)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, hairbrush, baby oil/lotion, etc.)
Optional Items to Bring:
- Bible (if you don’t have one, we can supply one for you to use)
- 2 pens or pencils
- Specialty / free-time equipment: personal sports equipment (ex: sporting shoes, balls, ect.), personal arts equipment (ex: instruments, drawing supplies, etc.), camping gear (for outdoor adventure specialty)
- Disposable cameras (make sure you have your name on it)
- Laundry Bag
- Shoes for sports or outdoor activities (cleats, hiking boots, etc)
- DO NOT BRING - Electronics, candy, snacks, or drinks (Food is provided at camp)
Note: Bringing electronics is highly discouraged. All electronics will be collected upon arrival at the beginning of camp and retunred at the end of camp. Please label all items.